Microsoft Teams Tip #3 - Get Familiar with Commands
The Command box in Teams can be an easy way to navigate or get information quickly.
You can click in the command box, or type alt-K (or Option-K for Mac) to navigate there by keyboard. Type a “/“ to see a list of available commands. As you start typing, the list will filter to the commands that match the characters entered, as you would expect.
Here are a few useful commands to get you started.
- /dnd - Set status to Do Not Disturb (surpresses notifications)
- /available - Set status to Available
- /busy - Set status to Busy
- /away - Set status to Away
Other Useful Commands
- /call - Call somebody
- /org - View someone’s org chart information
- /unread - View your unread messages
- /mentions - View your mentions (@’s)
- /goto - Navigate to a specific team or channel
- /whatsnew - See what’s new in Microsoft Teams
- /keys - Get a list of Teams keyboard shortcuts
One caveat to the availability of commands is that some commands will not work if the feature related to that command has been disabled by your company.